I mentioned a few weeks ago that I wanted to buy a quiet computer. I did end up ordering a computer just like Nelson’s from endpcnoise.com. The store has good (but few) ratings at resellerratings.com. It’s taking a lot longer than I expected to get the computer though. I ordered it on January 12. It’s now January 31, and as far as I can tell, the computer hasn’t shipped yet (although they have charged my credit card already!). I’m glad I didn’t pay extra for faster shipping. It would have been silly to pay $150 to have the computer in 24 days instead of 26. The order status on their online page has been showing “Pending” since I ordered. I really miss the feedback that I get from Amazon—an estimate of when it will ship, whether it has shipped, and what the shipping tracking code is. That’s one of the reason I shop at Amazon but not at most other online stores: I know what to expect.

1 comment:

Anonymous wrote at Tuesday, February 8, 2005 at 6:55:00 AM PST

Hi Amit,
This is a nice stuff on ur pages.I loved reading thru it.ANyway my email id is mohnish_basha@yahoo.com and my URL is http://pune.sancharnet.in/mohnish_cha/.

Keep it up
From
mOHnish