Since cancelling my Discover Card, I've been receiving nasty phone calls from people at Discover trying to get me to come back. This latest caller was rude/condescending to my wife, then said he must talk to me. He then tried to convince me to keep my account open but not get a credit card. And he'd give me a 0% interest rate. He says I should keep the Discover Card in case of emergency. I keep telling him no, but he keeps pushing. Grr.

Discover, if you're listening, here's a tip: being rude and nasty to potential customers is a bad business strategy.

I'm not the only one who has had bad experiences with Discover Card's customer service folk. Read this letter and this letter and this letter (at PlanetFeedback.com).

Update [2004-08-01]: See this list of bad experiences with cancelling a Discover card.

Labels:

1 comment:

Amit wrote at Monday, August 20, 2007 at 11:14:00 AM PDT

I should also note that I cancelled my American Express card at the same time, and they were very nice about it. I highly recommend getting an American Express card.