Early in May, in the middle of the night, I awoke to fire alarms in my apartment complex. I hurriedly got dressed and went downstairs to the street. Around 50 people did the same thing. After waiting a while, the fire department showed up, went into a small room, and turned off the alarm.

Less than an hour later the fire alarm went off again. I went downstairs again. Around 20 people did the same thing. After waiting a while, the fire department did the same thing. It was a second false alarm in the same night.

A few weeks later, early in the morning I awoke to fire alarms again. I went downstairs again. I saw 4 people. After waiting a while, the fire department arrived, investigated, and went to the fire hydrant.

It was not a false alarm.

After a while they did shut off the alarm. I'm sure most everyone who stayed in bed went to sleep thinking it was yet another false alarm.

0 comments: