I usually use The Gimp for image manipulation. It's like Photoshop in that it's a complex interface designed for complex tasks. Most of my needs are simple though. They're more complex than what Microsoft Paint can handle but nowhere near what Gimp can handle. I recently tried Paint.NET after reading some good reviews, and I'm really happy with it. It's very easy to use and has a nice interface. All I've done so far is cropping, working with layers, painting in various colors, and adding text. Next time I need to manipulate an image, I'll likely to use Paint.NET instead of Gimp.

Labels:

3 comments:

Anonymous wrote at Friday, August 18, 2006 at 11:21:00 PM PDT

I couldn't be so thankful for that information. I have checked that site and I have to agree, indeed, it's so easy to use. If you still more other links to suggest. Feel free to have it on your blog.

Amit wrote at Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 10:09:00 PM PDT

On Mac, SeaShore is something to consider. I still like Paint.NET better though.

Anonymous wrote at Monday, November 20, 2006 at 9:17:00 PM PST

Would like to find some templates for SL that will work with Paint.net.