With the popularity of Google Satellite Maps and pages listing interesting sites (such as Interesting Google Satellite Maps and Google Sightseeing), certain locations have gotten attention that wouldn't have otherwise: DAVE and LUECKE.

If the refresh time for the satellite maps was shorter, this would be an opportunity for some advertising. In any case, owners of large buildings should be thinking about putting giant letters on their roofs saying what those buildings are and what their URL is.

Labels:

4 comments:

Unknown wrote at Thursday, April 21, 2005 at 11:01:00 PM PDT

Hey man! LTNS!

Just found your blog via happypenguin and was happy to find you're still writing about game development. I remember you first showing off your blobs running under OS/2 way, way back when I was still Morpheus @ Lambda. :)

It's great to see you're still around and coding away. How the hell have you been?

Amit wrote at Sunday, April 24, 2005 at 9:42:00 AM PDT

I find it odd that people leave comments on my blog with no way for me to contact them.

Unknown wrote at Tuesday, May 3, 2005 at 10:55:00 PM PDT

My bad...when it asked for my blogger id, I just assumed it was backtrackable to me.

I'm reachable at alex@place.org if you still feel like saying hi :)

Anonymous wrote at Thursday, June 14, 2007 at 7:34:00 PM PDT

Here's another example of aerial advertising.